Shrinkage or shoplifting has been an ongoing problem for retail owners and operators for years. Recent studies have shown that this is getting worse. Running a retail operation requires so much time and effort, and employees and managers can be preoccupied with their jobs while people in the store take what is not theirs. Although security cameras and loss prevention services help catch wrongdoers in the act, loss prevention security services add another level of security to your retail environment. Here are some of the benefits of using loss prevention security services.
- Loss prevention. The one job of a security specialist, whether armed or unarmed, is to patrol the interior of the store to observe customers and focus on people who might be waiting for an opportunity to shoplift. Their mere presence can cut down on shrinkage while giving customers the feeling that they are protected. Retail owners and operators should know that there is no stigma to hiring security services in the store. This is a wise investment that will pay off in many ways.
- Traffic control. Depending on the location and size of your store, the space can very quickly get crowded. This can give shoplifters added coverage as they blend into the crowd while the store staff is busy attending to customers. Loss prevention security guards located outside the store can help control traffic by limiting the number of people entering the premises. Also, they can also watch out for those leaving the store who look suspicious and act strangely.
- Undercover specialists. Although uniformed security specialists make for an excellent choice, there are stores that better benefit from plain clothes or undercover personnel. This allows them to blend in with the store customers and keep a close eye on their movements or actions.
- Emergency response. If an emergency happens in the store, such as a loss of power or fire, security specialists can act as first responders because they have had the necessary experience and training. Aside from helping staff and customers exit the store, security specialists can also work alongside first responders to give information and directions.
- Peace of mind. Hiring a security specialist in the store will make you and your staff give better customer service and improve focus on the business at hand. Tasks like ringing up sales, attending to customers, and taking inventory can be accurately and quickly completed. You do not have to worry about monitoring the situation; you can simply put your attention to running and growing your business.
Finding the right loss prevention security service provider is important to ensure that you have experienced and trained armed or unarmed security specialists do not have to be hard. Look for ones that are expertly trained and are taught to react in any situation. Also, they will show up on time for their shift in the right uniform. Professional loss prevention security personnel are experts in customer service and offer assistance in other ways. Contact one today so you can start creating a plan for loss prevention services.